The first step in the process of buying a used car is grading the detail of your transportation needs. Questions below can help.
- Destination to buy a car: determine the type of car will be purchased based on its use. For example, when used to pick up children from school, choose a car that offers a roomy space, or for transportation work, select a convenient and economical fuel. Your lifestyle also play a role determining the type of car that will be purchased.
- Determine the features that should be there, such as air conditioners, various kinds of power, CD charger etc. Write the list in all, include safety features such as ABS brakes, airbag, child door lock, etc.
- Calculate how much financial ability to buy the car, including down payment and monthly payments when use loan.
If you've already set a number of types or models and brands, analyzes the advantages and disadvantage. You can get information from friends who ever use the car. You can also from site about automobile and automobile clubs that exist. Find information as much as possible from each brand, including the resale value, performance, service improvement and cost or availability of components. From there you can determine where the car is truly appropriate. If you have decided which car will be purchased, this is the next guidance:
- How big your desire, your head should remain cold. Leave the seller if the price offered too high, even if your dream car is waiting. Your negotiation ability will increase with time leased.
- Make sure you know the market price of the car, and start bid below that price. It is easier to raising your bid than down. Price information can also be obtained from automotive sites.
- Should be remember, to buy used car can also buy of others problem. Make sure you know the history of the car including the treatment. This could be the car's card treatment. Dig information, including as much detail as possible if ever sinking, accident, etc. engine down. Before deciding to buy it, ask for the mechanical engineers to investigate.
- Test drive is essential. You should get the opportunity to test drive as far as possible with the various of road. You can also try on the regions where the car will be used.
- Open the engine cover and see if there is a pipeline leak, a worn belt, oil spreading. Sit on driver seat, and check if all the indicators work well, including lights indicator. Check also if any signs of damage due to water (see tip disaster prevent continuation). Check the safety system, from the seat belt, head restrain, roof structure, child seat anchors. Similarly, the distance of approach and the main power of light scattered. This can be done during the test drive. Try to drive the car at the speed of 60 then 80 km/hour, and feel whether the replacement teeth can be soft, the rudder is straight, when break remain stable, and when turn curve is also smooth.
- Be careful with forgery speedometer. This is often done by prankish sellers who want to increase the value of the car price. So do not deceived by the numbers listed on the speedometer.
- Check the car license, this license can be check by send sms to certain number than will get reply about the car status, every country have different phone number for this purpose. For this purpose you should check directly to the department in charge on your country.